What should you do before a lactic acid peel?
Before getting a professional lactic acid peel, talk to your dermatologist about all the medications you take as well as your level of sensitivity. These can all factor into the strength of the peel your dermatologist or skin care specialist chooses.
What should you not do before a chemical peel?
5 to 7 days before your peel
- Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac or any other products containing Retinol.
- Vitamin A, Salicylic acid, glycolic acid or Benzyl Peroxide.
- Any exfoliating or scrubbing products.
- No electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams or laser hair removal.
What do you put on your face before a chemical peel?
Your doctor may prescribe a healing and moisturizing lotion before treatment depending on which type of peel you will be undergoing. He or she may recommend that you use glycolic acid for two weeks before treatment if you will be doing a light peel. This will help your skin heal more easily and peel uniformly.
How do you apply a lactic acid peel to your face?
Cotton pads are used to cover the eyes. Using a brush applicator, the lactic acid solution is applied all over the face. The solution is left on the skin for a duration that differs depending on the concentration of the acid as well as the sensitivity of the skin. This is usually between 5-10 minutes.
What can I put on my face after lactic acid peel?
Proper post-peel skin care
- Wash your face with cool water. Warm or hot water might not feel as good as cool or cold water, which can help soothe post-peel sensations.
- Moisturize and hydrate. …
- Apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more. …
- Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms. …
- Don’t over-exfoliate.
Should I exfoliate before a chemical peel?
Since a chemical peel is an in-depth exfoliation, it’s important that you don’t exfoliate for at least 1 week before your appointment. In addition, watch out for ingredients in your daily skin care products that may have an exfoliating effect.
Do you do extractions before or after peel?
Don’t get extractions or Iderm facials for 2-4 weeks after your peel. Don’t use prescription creams (Retin-A, Tazarac, etc) or abrasive scrubs, Clarisonic brush, or other exfoliants 5 days prior and 14 days after your peel.
How do I prepare my face for a chemical peel?
How to Prepare For a Chemical Peel
- Select the Right Chemical Peel for Your Skin. As already mentioned, there are different chemical peels to choose from. …
- Don’t Exfoliate. …
- Stop Using Anti-Aging or Anti-Acne Medications. …
- Stay Hydrated. …
- Don’t Get a Chemical Peel Close to an Important Event. …
- Tingling. …
- Heat or Cold. …
- Taut Skin.
Which moisturizer is best after a chemical peel?
When you start to peel, use a non-comedogenic moisturizer such as AveenoⓇ, VanicreamⓇ, CetaphilⓇ, or CeraVeⓇ, until the skin feels back to normal. This will promote the healing process by locking in moisture and reducing the chance of a bacterial infection, redness, and irritation.