Do you put moisturizer on before or after acne medication?
1 If you’re just beginning with your benzoyl peroxide treatment, start using moisturizer now, even before you notice any uncomfortable dryness. You may be able to stave off the worst of it. If you’ve already succumbed to benzoyl peroxide-induced dryness and flakiness, slather on moisturizer as often as necessary.
What is the best skin care regimen for acne?
Then, follow these six dermatologist-recommended skincare routine steps daily:
- Step 1: Wash your face — gently! …
- Step 2: Apply an acne treatment medication. …
- Step 3: Apply an oil-free moisturizer. …
- Step 4: Don’t forget sunscreen. …
- Step 5: Cleanse again at night. …
- Step 6: Apply a retinol product before bed.
Does it matter what order you put serums on?
1. Serums go first. As a rule, serums should be the first products that touch your skin after cleansing and exfoliating in order to get the best results. Never apply them after your moisturizer as thicker creams and oils create a protective layer over your skin and hinder absorption.
How do I create a skincare routine for acne?
Here are the steps for a good skincare regimen:
- Wash your face. Morning and night, rinse your face water and rub a small amount of gentle cleanser between clean palms. …
- Apply toner. …
- Apply serum. …
- Apply eye cream. …
- Use spot treatment. …
- Moisturize. …
- Apply retinoid. …
- Apply face oil.
Is it OK to put moisturizer on pimples?
“With acne, the issue is inflammation in the skin—most acne responds better and improves when you calm it down. Therefore, moisturizing is helpful.” … “So it’s important to use a moisturizer to keep your skin moisturized so that it can tolerate the acne regimen.
When should a benzoyl peroxide routine be used?
After cleansing and toning, apply the product in a thin layer around the entire affected area of skin. Let the product dry for a few seconds before applying your moisturizer. If you’re new to benzoyl peroxide, start with once a day only. Gradually work your way up to morning and night applications.
When should I use acne spot treatment in routine?
According to Ciraldo, you should spot-treat after you’ve applied your moisturizer, not before. This helps make sure the product stays on top of the pimple, and doesn’t go on the rest of your face.
What should I apply first moisturizer or acne?
Regardless of which you choose, the application is the same: Dab a thin layer (seriously—more isn’t merrier here) over your spot or zit, then wait at least a full minute for it to dry. Then, to prevent the treatment from getting wiped around your face, apply your moisturizer around the spots first.
What are the steps to treat acne?
10 skin care habits that can help clear acne
- Wash twice a day and after sweating.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser.
- Be gentle with your skin.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Shampoo regularly.
- Let your skin heal naturally.
- Keep your hands off your face.